World Masters Games 2021 Kansai
Japan Open Disc Golf
Personal Information Policy
The World Masters Games 2021 Kansai Japan Open Disc Golf and ceremonies, test event sport competitions etc. and related events (hereinafter referred to as “this tournament”) have been jointly prepared and will be operated by the Organising Committee of the World Masters Games 2021 Kansai, World Masters Games 2021 Kansai Fukui Prefecture Executive Committee and World Masters Games 2021 Kansai Sakai City Committee (hereinafter referred to as “the Organiser”).
This policy explains that, in regard to domestic personal information (name, birthdate and other personal identification parameters that can be used to identify individual persons) and personal information collected from abroad, the Organiser will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 30 May 2013, hereinafter referred to as “the Personal Information Protection Act) and the general data regulations (General Data Protection Regulations, hereinafter referred to as GDPR), respectively, and appropriately handle personal information.
１. Composition of the Organising Committee
(1) World Masters Games 2021 Kansai Organising Committee
(2) World Masters Games 2021 Kansai Fukui Prefecture Executive Committee
(3) World Masters Games 2021 Kansai Sakai City Committee
2. Collection of and use of personal information
The Organiser will take the proper procedure when collecting personal information and will not use said information for any purpose other than that mentioned in “8 Intended use of personal information.”
3. Safe management of personal information
The Organiser will collect personal information in accordance with Sakai City Personal Information Protection Ordinance and manage said information in an accurate and safe manner so as to prevent loss, modification and leakage of said information.
4. Personal information collected by and referred to by the Organiser
The Organiser will collect and utilize the following types of personal information:
(1) Personal information collected from the individual
The Organiser will collect personal information that is provided when filling out various forms and purchasing items. The type of personal information provided directly by the user includes: names, addresses, mail addresses, nationalities, passport numbers and athlete registration numbers for competitions. Information provided by the user includes information used when filling out forms, purchasing items, registering for events, applying to be a volunteer and answering various questionnaires.
Personal information will be appropriately collected in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act, related ordinances and this policy. Information collected will be strictly managed and will, in principle, not be used for any purposes other than those that the individual user has consented to.
However, individual consent will not be required to handle information in the following cases: for handling is necessary to fulfill a contract where the user is a party or when handling is necessary to fulfill the procedure before the contract has been finalized; when handling is necessary to comply with legal obligations that the Organiser must follow; when handling is necessary to protect the significant interests of the user or other persons; when handling is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by the Organiser or a third party (however, this excludes cases when said interests are superseded in priority by the fundamental rights and freedoms to protect the personal information of the user, particularly if the user is a child.
(2) Personal information collected from third parties
The Organiser may collect information from third parties for the management and operations of this tournament as well as for other appropriate interests. This usage is in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act, the GDPR and related ordinances as well as this policy and the policy of whichever party collected said information Personal information may be sent to the Organiser when the user clicks the “Like”or “Share” buttons on various social media services. Furthermore, operators of websites and applications other than those of the Organiser may collect personal information from third parties in order to manage said information or promote services.
(3) Regarding the collection of personal information from minors (hereinafter used to refer to anyone under the age of 20, in principle, according to Japanese Civil Code and the Personal Information Protection Act), the guardian must consent to the provision of said information beforehand.
(4) The Organiser will collect personal information in an appropriate method and will not use any inappropriate or fraudulent measures to collect information.
(5) The Organiser will only collect the minimum personal information needed for the intended use. Personal information collected through questionnaires will only be used for statistics.
5. Storage period of personal information
The Organiser will utilize the personal information collected until it is dismissed (excluding cases where the user requests the usage of personal information to be stopped), at which point the information will be deleted. After its deletion, in order to refute any legal claims that may arise or comply with any ordinances, a portion of the personal information may be stored.
6. Supervision of contracted companies that handle personal information
In the event that the Organiser relegates a part of or all of the personal information collection task to a contracted company, the Organiser will require said company to carry out safe and accurate management of any collected personal information.
7. Enforcement of personal information protection
In order to implement this policy, the Organiser will inform and raise awareness among all employees and related parties (including contracted companies) as well as provide training for the development and education of personal information protection awareness.
8. Intended use of personal information
The Organiser will utilize collected information only for the following purposes:
(1) Fulfillment and agreement of contracts with the user, ensuring safety and the following within the scope necessary for the Organiser’s preparation, management and realization of the Organiser’s interests
- Communication with the individual
- Confirmation of identity
- Creation of the ID needed to use the system
- Response to inquiries to the call center or secretariat
- Operations concerning equipment rental
- Provision of relief or aid
*In the event that the user needs to receive aid or be transferred to a medical facility, we may provide information regarding the name and type of injury sustained to the intended facility.
- For the use of security cameras for the sake of safety
*The user may appear in the footage.
- Insurance contract creation and billing
- Responses after incidents
- Issuance and management of personal identification, entry passes, participation passes and other identification documents
- Creation of information for and operation of tournament related competitions, events campaigns, seminars, exhibitions, forums, sightseeing, accommodation, transportation information etc. as well as personal identification and various operations
- Creation of information for future sporting competitions, events, campaigns, seminars, exhibitions, forums, etc. hosted in Japan by the World Masters Games Organising Committee or third parties
- For activity reports, researches, studies, advertising activities such as picture taking, press releases and other activities related to this tournament
- Record (rankings etc.) presentation
- In order to fulfill the details of contracts agreed to by the Organiser and any third parties
- Creation and display of name lists and tables needed for the smooth operation of sporting competitions and ceremonies
- Management of potential human resources like volunteers and hired persons
(2) Handling sensitive personal information and special types of personal information
Intended use and handling method for “sensitive personal information” as listed in the Personal Information Protection Act and the “Special Categories of Personal Data” as listed in the GDPR are as follows:
- Information about health and current sicknesses that the intended sport participant may have; information about the need for a helper for disabled athletes will be used for identification in the intended sport competition and to ensure safety(including provision of aid or relief).
- Information about health and current sicknesses that the person who intends to be a volunteer may have; information about the need for a helper will only be used to ensure the safety (including provision of aid or relief).
9. Shared use of personal information
The Organiser may share the personal information within the scope of the above and for the operation of this tournament.
(1) Jointly used personal information categories
Personal information listed in 4⑴ and ⑵
Parties that will jointly use the personal information
The parties listed in article１⑴ to ⑶
(3) Intended use of jointly use personal information (same as the Organiser)
Same as the intended use listed in article 8
(4) Name of party responsible for the management of applicable personal information
Organising Committee of the World Masters Games 2021 Kansai
10. Provision of personal information to third parties
Personal information collected will be used by the Organiser for the above reasons and said information may be provided to The International Masters Games Association (IMGA), which is located in Switzerland, for reasons related to the operation of this tournament. Also, the information may be provided to contracted companies (ticketing services, IT infrastructure, customer management systems, event companies, website hosting services, analysis services, security services, delivery services, machine and software system maintenance, call centers, catering services, lodging services, health services, E-Learning and other training and education services as well as personal identification etc.). Personal information may also be provided to third parties in the case where sporting associations require said information, if there is a request from insurance companies regarding insurance contracts or billing or if media outlets request said information to be used in television, newspaper, magazine or internet publications (including both in Japan and abroad).
However, the following cases permit the provision of personal information to thirdparties without consent from the user.
(1) When required by law
(2) In the case where the information is necessary to safeguard the life, physical condition or finance of an individual but the consent of the user cannot be confirmed
(3) In that case where the information is necessary to promote healthy development of children or improvements to public sanitation, but the consent of the user cannot be confirmed
(4) In the event where a national institution or regional organisation or other contracted third parties need the information to fulfill their job but gaining consent from the user would cause disturbances to the implementation of the tournament.
11. Personal rights and correspondence of the organising committee
(1) Rights for persons residing outside of the EU
If the user wishes to have submitted personal information disclosed, corrected, suspended from being used or deleted, please contact the Personal Information Handling Office. After that, please request the Organiser procedures for how to continue. The Organiser will act in accordance to the Personal Information Protection Act as well as every related domestic law. For suspension of use and deletion (hereinafter referred to as suspension of use etc.), if it costs a great deal of money or labor, or if it is difficult to perform the suspension of use etc., and if alternative measures are taken to protect the rights and interests of the user, we may not be able to perform the suspension of use etc., unless doing so would be in violation any appropriate laws.
(2) Rights for persons residing in the EU
If the user wishes to have submitted personal information disclosed, submit a complaint regarding handling, set a limit to the use, inquire about data portability (personal information submitted by the user and related personal data are stored in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format and then transferred to another administrator), have the information corrected, suspended from being used
or delete, please contact the Personal Information Handling Office. After that, please request the Organiser procedures for how to continue. The committee will act in accordance to the guidelines listed within EU GDPR Article 29 “Processing under the authority of the controller or processor” as well as every related domestic law.
Furthermore, in the event that the user requests deletion of personal data that is required to be kept by law, we may not be able to respond to this request. In addition, there are exceptions in the domestic laws concerning GDPR and privacy that will be explained when we receive contact from the user.
12. Revoking consent
In the case where the Organiser collects personal information on the basis of consent by the user, the user can revoke consent at any time without affecting the legality of the handling of said personal information. However, even if consent is revoked, personal information may be handled within the legal limits.
13. The personal information protection supervisor
The personal information protection supervisor strictly manages personal information used within each organisation that constitutes the Organiser but the General Manager of the Organising Committee of the World Masters Games 2021 Kansai is in charge of creating the structure for protection personal information as well as its management
14. Personal Information Handling Office
For inquiries and complaints regarding the Organiser’s handling of personal information, please contact us at the following:
‹Personal Information Handling Office›
World Masters Games 2021 Kansai Sakai City Committee
Address: 1-1 Shimoshinjo, Sakai-cho, Sakai-city, Fukui, Japan
15. Policy changes
The Organiser reserves the right to change the details of this policy accordingly. In the event that the details are changed, the contents of changes will be announced on the official website. Therefore, please confirm them on the official website. The user is deemed to agree to the changes at the moment the details are browsed on the official website by the user.
July 2, 2020